San Diego Mobile Pet Grooming Blog
Around the Thanksgiving holiday, people everywhere count the blessings in their lives and take time to appreciate the people that make them happy. But what about your dog? Everyone knows that a dog is man's (and woman's...and kid's) best friend. Here is a list of 10 things dogs do for us and the reasons we should be thankful for them this holiday season.
1. Statistics show that having a dog can actually improve your health. A dog's nose is 10,000 times more sensitive than humans, and they have been known to alert their owner to cancer cells when they aren't even sick. Try that with your human friends!
2. Dogs are being used in reading groups to help young children learn to read. They are nonjudgmental and sit and listen quietly.
3. Dogs keep their people company no matter what kind of day they have had. Your canine companion will never snap at you because he burned the pot roast.
4. A dog is the best protector for a young child there is. You can be guaranteed that if your canine pal is around when something happens to your little one, he will fight the devil himself to protect her.
5. Studies show recently that kids who have dogs in their homes test with a higher IQ than ones who don't.
6. With the keen sense of smell, comes a keen sense of danger. You see news articles all of the time that start with the words “Dog saves…” Many times, the barking of a dog has awakened a homeowner and gotten their families out before a fire consumed them. So a dog can save your life if need be -- and trust me, he will.
7. A faithful companion, dogs are a great conversation starter. Plenty of guys have figured out that, if you want to meet a girl, taking your dog to the park is a great way to get started. It doesn’t take long before you're chatting away with any girl you meet.
8. One thing that a dog is above all else is loyal. You won't come home from work and find that your dog has packed its suitcases and left. They love you and are here to stay.
9. Dogs make great babysitters, watching your child as you cook, clean and go about your everyday home life. No, you can't leave the baby with the dog and go out for the night, but you know what I'm getting at.
10. The number one thing that a dog does for its human owner is to love them unconditionally. You will never lose your dog's affection. They will love you every day for as long as you let them. That is in itself is plenty to be thankful for.
Have you given your dog an extra hug and kiss today?
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
Post a Comment