San Diego Mobile Pet Grooming Blog
We live in a world where our time isn't always our own. Schedules fill up fast with meetings, appointments, and gatherings. In a world where a day just doesn't seem long enough, time savers are greatly appreciated. When we envisioned our mobile grooming salon, we thought a lot about all the benefits it would provide our customers, and one of the greatest of those benefits was saving them time.
Spend Your Time at Home, Not in the Car
Driving across town to a pet salon might not seem like the biggest hassle, but when you pair it with all the other tasks you have throughout the day, often located miles away from the salon, it becomes a large annoyance. The beauty of mobile grooming is that we come to you. So, on the day of your appointment, you don't have to load your fur baby into the car and drive him down crowded highways. Instead, he can spend his morning chewing on his favorite toys and snuggling on your lap. And he's not the only one who will get to relax a bit. Instead of locating all the supplies you need to chauffeur your pup in comfort and safety, you can make a cup of coffee, enjoy a good book, and spend some time playing with your dog. Mobile grooming offers you a luxury that no other grooming salon can; extra time spent relaxing in the comfort of your own home.
Give Yourself Extra Time for Important Tasks
Maybe your schedule is so full that you need every spare moment you can get. Maybe you don't have time to sit and enjoy a book in the morning. You have deadlines, meetings, and calls to make. The last thing you need in the middle of a hectic day is to spend time driving to and from a salon twice in one day. That's time that can be spent prepping for a meeting, preparing meals for your family, going over notes for a proposal, or making a few important phone calls. Mobile grooming may only save you an hour or two, but we all know how valuable an hour or two can be. Haven't we all wished for more time in the day? While we, at Awesome Doggies, can't lengthen a day longer than twenty-four hours, we can make those hours count. So, instead of spending time stuck in traffic, you can spend it making preparations for your day.
Make Each Moment Count
Each day is made up of small moments, seconds that turn into minutes that become hours. We've all looked up at the clock and wondered how time has managed to fly by so quickly. In those moments, we often wish that time would stand still, just for a few minutes. Again, we can't stop those seconds from ticking away, but we can help you make them count. We can give you a few extra moments with your kids before they go to school, extra play time with your pup while you wait for us to arrive, or a few extra minutes of sleep before the alarm signals the start of your day. By providing a service that comes to you, we give you less time in the car and more time for the things that really matter.At Awesome Doggies, we pride ourselves on providing great service, with ease and convenience that will brighten your day. We truly love dogs and would love to care for your fur baby in the future. If you're interested in our services or would like to know more about us, please don't hesitate to contact us today.
Is your pup in need of a bath? You know when it's time, but your fur kids might not want to hear it. They paw around and resist, making a total mess of the situation. By the time you're done, you may as well have taken a bath yourself!
But imagine if your pup could actually learn to love baths? I know, impossible, you say! Well, we can't guarantee that we'll have your fury loved ones totally behaved in the tub, but we do have some tips to help your puppy stay clean, while you stay dry.
Get your Pup Acclimated to the Tub
It's wise to make sure your pup knows what's coming, and that there's no reason to be nervous. The more they become familiar with the bathroom or bathing area, the easier it will be to keep them calm, and eventually even looking forward to their wash time. Some great ways to keep your pup's worries at bay are as follows:
- Puppy chow and games: Serve a dish of puppy food or some treats a couple times a week in the washroom. Or even play around with them within the area so they know it's a welcoming, warm environment free of harm. It helps to familiarize your pup with their surroundings, and will prevent them from the shock of a new, foreign area.
- Brush your pup: This benefit is twofold. Brushing your pup's fur before a bath helps to prevent knots and ties when washing, and it also helps to create a routine. Each time their hair is brushed, they will know the bath-process is underway, allowing your pup to ready him/herself.
- Allow your pet to explore the tub: This is another way to calm your pup's nerves. Introduce the tub or sink to them. Let them hop in and explore before pouring water so they know there is nothing to be afraid of.
Prepare your Tub
Preparation is key to efficiency! Any task in life, if you're prepared beforehand, will be much simpler. Washing your fur friend is no different. Here are a few ways to prepare your tub to help create a quicker, more efficient experience for yourself, and your dog:
- Lay down an anti-slip mat: The best thing you can do for yourself when washing your pet is to make sure they aren't slipping sliding all around, making a big mess for you to clean up later. An anti-friction mat that will allow your dog to move around with ease, while keeping them grounded, is a great solution.
- Do not overfill your tub/use warm water: An overfilled tub that looks like a bath you might take could look more like pool-time to your pet, and that might alarm them. Filling your tub a few inches should be enough to ease your pet's worries. Always use lukewarm water for your pet's comfort.
- Keep your supplies close: You don't want to stray too far away from your pet when giving them a bath. They might jump out of the tub or knock things over. Make sure to set up your shampoo, towels, and cleaning supplies beside you, as well as some treats or doggy toys to reward your good boy!
Struggling to Find Time to Give your Dog a Bath?
Things to do and people to see. The responsibilities seem to be endless these days, and maybe finding the time to keep your pup properly groomed is hard to come by. We get it, that's why Awesome Doggies has you covered. We offer baths with shampoo free of harmful chemicals, mani-pedis, berry facials, haircuts and so much more, all via a mobile, quick, convenient means right at your door! Please contact us today to learn more about our Mobile Pet Grooming method.