San Diego Mobile Pet Grooming Blog
You know what they say...
When it rains it pours and on your darkest, stormiest days, nothing can feel any truer than that.
Whether you are dealing with a general downpour of trivial stuff or something a lot more difficult to bear, first of all... know that you are not alone. Then, grab yourself a snack and settle in to watch these 4 adorable and smile-worthy YouTube pet videos that have earned themselves an incredible amount of views for very good reasons. Consider them a hug from us to you!
Carmy and Claire AKA Guinea Pigs to the Rescue!
There is just something about a guinea pig that makes everything OK. Make that two guinea pigs and they just might be able to take over the world - or at least save it from a rogue toy.
Carmy and Claire are two little guineas with a huge viral following and they are consistently showing up at preschools and elementary schools where they spread joy and imagination to little guys and girls. In this video, Carmy and Claire (with the help of a few thousand Legos) save the day from evil Dr. Trouble... and, well, cuteness ensues.
Buns of Steel
Some dogs warn off those who have gotten on their bad side with a round of REALLY loud barking. Other dogs give the side-eye. Meanwhile, completely unique and meme-worthy dogs simply get out their good side and get to work.
Check out this hilarious (and wildly creative) dog who isn't here to hurt anybody. In fact, his opponent may not have even done anything to deserve this. Old Insta-Butt-McGee over here may have just been looking for a reason to show off how hard he had been hitting that squat challenge lately.
I Am a Cat Lover... And I Love to Run
If you are single, you may not be feeling very ready to mingle thanks to online dating. (After all, oversharing happens to the best of us - and when it does, it ain't pretty.)
Enter this lady who totally understands your plight in life.
She loves cats. She loves every kind of cat. She wants to hug them all... but she can't - because, well, there are more than 600 million cats in the world - and that would be impossible.
This rendition of a viral pet favorite has been remade by Schmoyoho, synthesized and sound-effected within an inch of its life. You. Are. Welcome.
Baby Monkey + Pig = What Your Life is Missing
It can cure the common cold.
It can make you fly.
It can explain where the dinosaurs REALLY went.
It can prevent that weird feeling you get when you eat too many hot dogs.
It can teach you to contour your nose like a Kardashian.
Well, it feels like it - it's that good.
From the account of YouTuber favorite Perry Gripp, this baby monkey riding backwards on a pig is everything that you needed in your life and never knew that you wanted. If you are in the mood for a little nonsense of the best kind, check out the rest of Gripp's animal videos. (Pst... Perry is the genius who also brought you "Hamster on a Piano.")
Rainy days are never any fun to handle, especially when they have nothing to do with actual rain.
We've been there.
We get it.
Go ahead and curl up under those emoji covers - you earned it. Give yourself permission to let your hair be dirty, your ice-cream bowl be empty and your Netflix queue be full... and then? When you are all ready to get back up and at 'em, set up a beauty appointment for yourself... and one for your pet too - because when you look good, you feel good.
- Brush Your Pup on The Regular: Brushing your dog's coat is one of the best and simplest things you can do to control their shedding. If possible, try to brush your extra furry friend on a daily basis. Doing this will ensure that they maintain a cleaner, softer coat that will be less likely to shed heavily in clumps.
- Make Sure You Are Using The Right Brush: Following up on the previous point, to really keep shedding to a minimum, it is important that you use the right kind of brush. Many dogs need a couple different types of brushes to completely get rid of dead hair on their coat. Also, the type of brushes you use will depend on your dog's breed because different breeds mean different kinds of fur.
- Give Your Dog a Bath: A cleaner coat means less shedding - because lots of loose and 'about to become loose' fur will come off with the scrubbing action of the bath and again during blow drying -- if you blow dry. And a cleaner coat is of course a nice bonus! You can use a soothing oatmeal shampoo or other animal-safe bath product to give your dog a silky, smooth coat and a temporary reduction in shedding. And if you don't have time to bathe your dog or you find that you have difficulty doing it yourself, consider taking your furry friend to the professional groomers so they can do everything possible to reduce shedding.
- Make Sure Your Dog Has a Healthy Diet: Poor nutrition affects the quality and health of your dog's coat, the same way poor nutrition affects our own human bodies. When your dog is eating healthy foods that are nutrient-rich, he or she will be far more likely to maintain a strong, healthy coat that will do a lot less shedding. Make sure your dog is getting foods that are packed with great, digestible protein. If you are stumped on the best foods for your dog, talk to your veterinarian or another animal professional who will be able to recommend the best food sources for your pet.
- Keep Fleas And Allergies in Check: If your dog is constantly scratching or acting strangely, it is a pretty good indication that they are suffering from allergies or another condition that should get checked out right away. And all of that scratching is causing unnecessary shedding that could be prevented. Make sure your dog is both regularly groomed and taken to the veterinarian to keep fleas away and their allergies in check. When your pup isn't suffering from fleas or allergies, they will do a whole lot less scratching and you will do a lot less cleaning up of their dog hair. It's a win for everyone!
Looking for more information on ways to control dog shedding? Or do you have any other pet grooming related questions? Don't hesitate to contact us today! Our team of pet grooming professionals is dedicated to helping your lovable furry friend live the healthiest, happiest life possible. We would love to show you our extensive list of pet care services!
Dogs are one of life's greatest blessings. They not only enter your home, but they enter your hearts and your family as well. They become fur babies, and as such you do whatever you can to make their life as happy as possible. While pet grooming is great because it keeps your pup looking their best, that's certainly not all it does. Below you'll find six reasons why scheduling regular grooming appointments for your four-legged friend is a wonderful thing to do.
When groomers brush your dog it does more than just prevent, or get rid of, pesky tangles. When a groomer brushes your dog's coat it removes dead hair, dirt, and dander that is resting on your pup's skin. It also helps bring your dog's natural oils to the surface, giving moisture to your dog's skin and making its coat shine even brighter. Special grooming treatments designed to heal dry cracked paw pads or moisturize dry skin can also make a huge difference in your pup's overall comfort and well-being.
Avoid Medical Issues
Many dog breeds are susceptible to illnesses that affect the eyes or ears. Having these areas cleaned during a grooming session will keep these areas healthy and clean, which is always beneficial in supporting good health. Groomers also serve as a second set of eyes (and hands) that go over your pet on regular intervals. It is not uncommon for a groomer to notice a new lump or sore spot before a pet owner does. Early detection provides the best opportunity for a positive medical outcome.
Protect Their Teeth
Dogs need dental care just like we do. While your pup doesn't require twice daily teeth brushing like you do, their teeth still require cleaning on a regular basis. Dental issues are extremely common among dogs and lead to expensive medical bills and extensive procedures that could have been avoided. Keep your dog's teeth healthy, strong, and clean with regular teeth brushing and an occasional oral hygiene treatment.
If your dog sheds, you've probably become accustomed to vacuuming more often, cleaning your clothes with a lint roller before going to work, and washing your bedding more often. It's not a major cause for concern, but it is frustrating. Regular brushing and bathing, and especially deshedding treatments, can drastically reduce the amount of shedding you have to suffer through. When your pup's skin is moisturized and healthy, and undercoat removal is kept up with, your household chores will be a bit easier every week.
If your dog is only groomed once in a while, it may have some anxiety about those unfamiliar appointments. If you make grooming a common occurrence, it will help your dog learn to remain calm and comfortable during grooming sessions as the procedures become accepted as routine. At Awesome Doggies, we go out of our way to make sure your dog is as comfortable and relaxed as possible. We make friends first, treat a lot, always use a gentle touch, and extend a great amount of patience to your pup. We've created a mobile grooming environment that's as low stress as possible will feel completely safe, and not become exhausted by anxiety.
The obvious benefit of regular grooming provides is a gorgeous coat and beautiful appearance. This isn't just for vanity's sake, though. Keeping your dog free from painful tangles or nails that have grown too long will drastically improve your pet's comfort and day-to-day life. When a dog's nails are too long they can injure themselves when they scratch, and hair mats are often extremely painful for your pup. Regular grooming boosts your dog's appearance, certainly, but more importantly than that, it gives them a better quality of life.
At Awesome Doggies we love dogs. They're our whole world, and we know just how important your pup is to you. We go above and beyond to make sure your dog receives the best service and feels genuinely loved and cared for. We bond with our regulars and are always excited to see a new face. If you would like to learn more about our high-quality grooming services, or you'd like to schedule an appointment, please contact us today. We look forward to meeting your wonderful pup.